Logitech, the company known for its high-quality Mac/PC peripherals, gaming devices, and Harmony universal remote controls has introduced a new model in its line of Squeezebox Wi-Fi streaming music players, the Logitech Squeezebox Radio. Calling it a product “for music lovers who want to enhance their enjoyment of digital music (Internet radio, online music services, and songs stored on their computers),” the Squeezebox Radio’s all-in-one design is slightly larger than a typical alarm clock radio, features a built-in monaural speaker for music playback, and measures 8.66 inches x 5.12 inches x 5.04 inches (LxWxH) allowing it to easily fit into any room in the house, but it will be especially good for use on a kitchen counter or bedside table.
The unit also features a bevy of bells and whistles, such as social networking that allows users to share recommendations with their friends on Facebook and access to Flikr to view photo slideshows all on the Squeezebox’s built-in color screen.
The unit is compatible with Mac OS X 10.3.5 or later, Windows 2000/NT/XP/Vista, Linux, BSD, and, Solaris, plays Internet radio and digital music files over your home Wi-Fi network including DRM-free iTunes Plus downloads, Internet radio, and subscription music services like Rhapsody, Napster, Pandora, Sirius, and others.
- Plays Internet radio and digital music files over your home Wi-Fi network including DRM-free iTunes Plus downloads, Internet radio, and subscription music services like Rhapsody, Napster, Pandora, Sirius, and others.1
- Integrated amplifier lets you enjoy full, high-quality sound with low distortion anywhere in your home thanks to an all-in-one design that includes speakers (woofers and tweeters). Just plug it in to a power outlet – no additional wires to connect.
- Color screen can display album art, track and station information and photo screen savers.
- Social Networking support: Facebook users can share music recommendations and see their friends’
- recommendations right on the display and Flickr users can show a slideshow.
- True 802.11g wireless networking optimizes wireless network speeds and provides a secure connection.
- Auto-dimming display adjusts brightness based on room lighting, making Squeezebox Radio ideal for any room, including your bedside table.
- 6 preset buttons allow one touch access to favorite radio stations and playlists.
- Available in black or red.
- 256 MB RAM and 100 MB hard disk space
- Ethernet or 802.11 b/g/n wireless network
- Windows: 733 MHz Pentium running Windows
- Mac: OS X 10.3.5 or later
- Linux / BSD / Solaris / Other: Perl 5.8.3 or later
The Logitech Squeezebox Radio will come in either black or red and is expected to ship this September at a Suggested Retail Price of $199.99.
More information: Logitech.com