Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced they will be bringing the horror classic An American Werewolf in London to Blu-ray Disc for the first time on September 15, 2009 at a suggested retail price of $26.98 day-and-date with a 2-Disc DVD edition (SRP $19.98) with the release of An American Werewolf in London — Full Moon Edition.
When two American students touring London are attacked by a vicious wolf during a full moon, their lives are suddenly transformed forever. Featuring ground-breaking Academy Award(R)-winning make-up by Rick Baker (Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” How The Grinch Stole Christmas), this cult favorite is directed by John Landis (Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” National Lampoon’s Animal House) and perfectly blends the macabre with a touch of humor. Digitally remastered for optimum picture quality and loaded with bonus features including an all-new 100-minute retrospective documentary, An American Werewolf in London — Full Moon Edition is a timeless story that has never looked better!
An American Werewolf in London — Full Moon Edition on Blu-ray will come with a 1.85:1 high definition video encoding, English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless, French DTS 2.0 Mono, German DTS 2.0 Mono, Italian DTS 2.0 Mono audio options with English SDH, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Mandarin, and Greek subtitles.
Bonus features will include:
Exclusive to Blu-ray:
- BD-LIVE(TM): Access the BD-Live(TM) Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers, and more!
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and 2-Disc DVD:
- NEW! – Beware the Moon: In this feature-length documentary, filmmaker Paul Davis guides us through a never-before-seen, in-depth look at the Making of An American Werewolf in London, with the help of director John Landis and make-up artist Rick Baker.
- NEW! – I Walked with a Werewolf (in hi-def): Make-up effects artist Rick Baker tells of his life-long love of the Wolfman, how he would go on to create the creature in An American Werewolf in London, and how he was able to pour his passion into the upcoming Wolfman feature.
- Making An American Werewolf in London, An Original Featurette
- An Interview with John Landis
- Make-up Artist Rick Baker on An American Werewolf in London
- Casting of the Hand
- Photograph Montage
- Feature Commentary with Cast Members David Naughton and Griffin Dunne