Cambridge Audio has revealed a new 3D-compatible Universal Blu-ray Disc player this week in Las Vegas. Featuring almost universal disc compatibility, the 751BD plays both 2D and 3D Blu-ray discs as well as CD, HDCD, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio and SACD.
The player includes twin HDMI outputs so the 751BD can deliver 3D video to multiple displays (such as a 3D TV and projector, both fully compatible with the HDMI 1.4 standard for 3DTV and Deep Colour support. We don’t see the point in this, as it might have been more useful to include one HDMI 1.3 output on there for backwards compatibility.
The primary output also features a high quality Marvell QDEO video scaler with motion adaptive noise reduction for quiet and natural video free from noise and artifacts and allows for scaling of DVDs to 1080p resolution.
As to be expected from a Blu-ray player today, the 751BD supports decoding of the very latest formats including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. These formats can also be output as bitstreams over HDMI for an AV receiver to decode internally.
Audiophiles will find plenty to appreciate about the 751BD. The player includes five Wolfson WM8740 24/192kHz Digital to Analogue converters, Anagram Technologies Q5 192 kHz upsampling and a choice of three different digital filters.
The company also claims super fast disc load times in comparison to competitors and “whisper quiet operation” through their trademark wrap-around casework design and proprietary engineering within a low resonance, acoustically damped chassis.
The 751BD is wi-fi ready, coming supplied with a wireless dongle, but can also connect to the internet via Ethernet and supports BD Profile 2.0 (BD-Live and BonusView) and other interactive features.
- Universal media support – Blu-ray discs (including those with 3D content),CD, HDCD, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD
- Marvell QDEO video processor
- Anagram Technologies Q5 192 kHZ upsampling – as featured in Cambridge Audio DacMagic
- On-board decoding of lossless Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS-
- HD High Resolution Audio in Stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 CODECs.
- 7.1 multichannel and dedicated Stereo analogue outputs
- 5 x Wolfson WM8740 24bit/192kHz DACs for superior audio performance
- Choice of digital filters – linear phase/minimum phase/steep filter
- Pure Audio Mode prevents any audio signal interference or degradation
- 1GB internal storage plus 2 x USB 2.0 and 1 x eSATA sockets for external drive connection
- New simple-to-operate colour OSD (On Screen Display) and set-up menus
- Lightning quick power-up and loading speed
- New, low energy standby circuit – consumes <0.5Watt in Standby
- Supports Profile 2.0 – (BD-Live and BonusView) – Ethernet or wireless connection (supplied with
- 802.11 b/g/n wireless dongle)
- Navigator style Azur remote which also controls:
- All current, forthcoming and most legacy Cambridge Audio AVRs and Amplifiers
- Discrete commands for custom install use
- All metal wrap-around casework with substantially thicker front panel and an ultra rigid, acoustically dampened chassis
- Fully controllable over RS232 Clear Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) Available in black or silver
The Cambridge Audio 751BD Universal Blu-ray 3D player will be available in Spring 2011 at £799.95 RRP/$11.95.00 SRP.