Paramount Home Entertainment has announced they will be releasing the blockbuster Marvel Comics superhero action flick Iron Man 2 starring Robert Downey, Jr. in a 3-disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack on September 28, 2010.
The Blu-ray/DVD combo pack is set to come fully loaded with interactive bonus materials including an in-depth, feature-length documentary of the making of the film, featurettes about Nick Fury, Black Widow and War Machine, a look inside the creation of Stark Expo, deleted scenes and an exclusive peek inside the Marvel Super Hero Universe through the S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault.
The supplements on the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack will include:
Disc 1 (Blu-ray):
- Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault (HD)— Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.’s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more.
- Previsualization and Animatics (HD)
Disc 2 (Blu-ray):
- Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of Iron Man 2 (HD)
- Rebuilding the Suit—An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
- A Return to Action—From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man’s story.
- Expanding the Universe—From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark’s home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
- Building a Legacy—From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.
- Featurettes (HD)
- Creating Stark Expo—A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.
- Practical Meets Digital—How the “practical” props inform the “digital” work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
- Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury—A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
- Illustrated Origin: Black Widow—An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in Iron Man 2.
- Illustrated Origin: War Machine—A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
- Working with DJ AM—Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.
- Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
- Alternate Opening
- Coulson at the Senate
- The Sub-Orbital Jet
- Tony’s Workshop (extended)
- Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
- Flying Party Girl
- Mark II Security
- Element Rediscovered (extended)
- Concept Art Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers (HD)
- Music Video: AC/DC “Shoot To Thrill”
Disc 3 (DVD):
- Feature Film
- Digital Copy
No other technical details or pricing information has been released at this time.