Samsung Electronics America Inc., today announced the pricing and availability on their Spring 2009 Blu-ray Disc player line-up, led by the flagship BD-P4600.
The BD-P4600 is being heralded by Samsung as the worlds slimmest and first wall-mountable Blu-ray player, offers compelling multimedia features in a sophisticated design form factor. The BD-P4600, BD-P3600, and BD-P1600 provide full Profile 2.0 capabilities and full decoding and bitstreaming of all of the advanced audio codecs (DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus). Playback capabilties include, 24fps film mode, xvYCC Deep Color support and selectable DVD upconversion (720p / 1080i / 1080p). All three models are also equipped with Netflix video and Pandora music streaming capabilitie, which require service subscriptions.
Other features include:
- 1 HDMI version 1.3 output with CEC (Anynet+)
- 1 component output
- 1 composite output
- 2-Channel analog audio outputs
- 1 optical digital audio output
- 1 Ethernet connection (for interactivity features and firmware upgrades only)
- 2 USB 2.0 connections (1 front, 1 rear) for Profile 2.0 (BD Live) interactivity, wireless networking (802.11b/g/n dongle sold separately for the BD-P1600), multimedia file playback, memory expansion, and firmware upgrades only
The BD-P3600 model also adds 7-channel analogue audio output.
The BD-P3600 and BD-P1600 are available this month at SRPs of $399 (BD-p3600) and $299 (BD-P1600) respectively. The BD-P4600 will be available in April at an SRP of $499.