ZVOX , a pioneer in the single-cabinet surround speaker design sector, has announced the introduction of two new soundbar models, designed by audio industry legend Winslow Burhoe, sure to bring a smile to the faces of those budget conscious consumers who need a space-conscious design, but don’t want to sacrifice quality: the ZVOX models 430 and 440.
The speakers produce three-dimensional surround sound using a single-cabinet design without the use of a subwoofer. Both systems enclose three high-performance speakers, a built-in four-inch subwoofer and ZVOX’s proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround sound system in cabinets that measure only 5″ deep and 5.5″ high. The 430 is 30.5″ wide, making it ideal for use with TVs 32″-42″ in diameter, and will retail for $449.99. The 440 is 39″ wide, making it ideal for TVs 40″-52″ in diameter, and will retail for $549.99.
Tom Hannaher, Founder and President of ZVOX, says, “We think there’s a market for high-quality sound bars at affordable price points — products that aren’t made from cheap plastic and which emphasize exceptional sound quality—a level of performance that simply doesn’t exist in most sub-$600 systems. The ZVOX 430 and 440 use hand-crafted wood cabinets and premium grade speakers and amplifiers. Unlike many of our competitors, we don’t believe in plastic cabinets and bargain-basement internal parts. With our new 430 and 440 sound bars, you get the build quality, superior sound and subdued elegance that ZVOX has become known for.
Features and benefits of the ZVOX 430 and 440:
- 3.25” full-range all-channel speaker delivers rich, natural vocals with stunning clarity and realism – even at low volume levels
- Two 3.25” full-range speakers work with the ZVOX-exclusive PhaseCueTM system to create a very wide stereo soundstage for music. The PhaseCue system also generates remarkable, three-dimensional virtual surround sound effects with movie soundtracks
- All three 3.25” full-range drivers use Neodymium magnets and ferrofluid to create very high sound pressure levels from compact speakers
- A long-excursion 4” powered subwoofer in a tuned enclosure reproduces accurate low frequencies down to 48 Hz (ZVOX 430) or 43 Hz (ZVOX 440)
- Unlike some virtual surround systems, the new ZVOX systems reproduce music very accurately — with no “digital weirdness.” Female vocalists sound warm, rich and natural. Symphonic music sounds big and airy and awesome. Movie soundtracks are delivered with startling realism
- Both systems use a slim-profile design. ZVOX 430: 30.5”w x 5.5”h x 5”d. ZVOX 440: 39”w x 5.5”h x 5”d
- They are simple to install, with only one connecting cable to hook up to the audio outputs or headphone jack of a TV. A second rear-panel (mixing) input can be used to connect an iPod, PC or any other audio device
- They are simple to use. The “owner’s manual” is a single sheet of paper
- They use the ZVOX Infinite Compliance system – which connects the outer two speaker enclosures via an acoustic tube. This system helps create big sound from a slim cabinet
- They are bi-amplified, using a specially designed amplifier that includes electronic contouring for superb frequency response
- The system is magnetically shielded so it can be used near a TV or monitor
- They use a hand-crafted MDF (medium density fiberboard) wood cabinet with high-gloss hand-lacquered end panels – instead of plastic. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance loudspeakers
- A remote controls volume, PhaseCue virtual surround level, subwoofer level, treble, power on and mute
- Auto-on/auto-off circuit senses sound from the TV and turns on the system two seconds later. Several minutes after it has received no signal, it automatically puts the amplifier into standby mode
- The systems are backed by a one-year limited parts and labor warranty
- Suggested retail selling price of the ZVOX 430 is $449.99
- Suggested retail selling price of the ZVOX 440 is $549.99
Both systems are on sale now.