Brandon is a musician, poet, and home recordist who has been an avid music collector and audiophile since he was a teenager. Over the years, Brandon became very interested in music in surround and thus the area of home theater.
Brandon decided to try his hand at writing for the enthusiast crowd, which he has been a part of for so many years. Brandon has been a writer and Blu-ray reviewer for the popular A/V enthusiast website Big Picture Big Sound, which he joined after spending time working as a forum moderator and Blu-ray Disc reviewer at a Blu-ray-themed fan site.
Feeling that there was need for a more professionally minded and friendly Blu-ray themed website with a slightly broader scope and appeal, Brandon decided to start TheaterByte to fill the void. Eventually TheaterByte became too constrained to cover the vastly expanding world of home entertainment and electronics, so the site morphed into what it is today and became TheaterByte. Brandon is also currently a writer for the popular A/V print periodical Sound&Vision.
When he is not writing, playing his Les Paul, or watching movies, you can find him listening to one of the SACDs, DVD-As, or CDs from his large collection.
Brandon A. DuHamel’s review reference system:
- LG OLED65E6P (from 7-8 ft viewing distance)
- Oppo 203 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
- Pioneer Elite LX500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
- Roku Ultra (2020)
- Apple TV 4K
- Shield TV Pro (2019)
- Fire TV 4K Stick
- Roku Streaming stick+
- Marantz SR7010 AVR
- Monoprice Select Series High-Speed HDMI Cables
- Tannoy Sensys Wide-Band DC2 Front L/R
- Tannoy Sensys Wide-Band DCC Centre
- Tannoy Sensys Wide-Band DC1 Surround L/R
- SVS Elevations Front and Rear Height
- 2 x Klipsch R-12SW Subwoofer