Lawrence D. Devoe, M.D.
Lawrence D. Devoe, M.D. is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia. He has been a practicing physician for 40 years. Dr. Devoe has been included in the Best Doctors in America listings, Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, America’s Teachers, and Medicine.
Dr. Devoe received his M.D. from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. He completed his internship, residency, and a fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine at the University of Chicago, Chicago Lying-In Hospitals and Clinics. He is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Dr. Devoe has authored more than 200 scientific articles, abstracts and book chapters on a wide range of topics in obstetrics and gynecology. He is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Reproductive Medicine. Dr. Devoe has also been a member of the editorial boards of other scientific journals, including Journal of Maternal-Fetal Investigation and Journal of Maternal-Fetal Medicine. He is also an ad hoc reviewer for most of the major journals in obstetrics and gynecology, including Obstetrics and Gynecology and the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
His interest in home audio/video and music reproduction dates back to his childhood in Chicago, Illinois. When he built his first system from Heath and Scott kits. Later, he studied clarinet with one of the principals of the Chicago Symphony. Although no longer an active musician, Devoe has continued involvement with the performing arts most of his adult life. Most recently he was CEO of the Augusta Opera in Augusta Georgia. He has reviewed music and equipment for the former Ultimate Audio and more recently for ToneAudio. He has a vast collection of recorded music focused primarily on the classical repertoire. He has also given continuing education courses in Opera at Augusta State University. When not home listening to music or in his part-time practice of medicine, he addresses one of his other passions, long distance running, on the canal path in Augusta Georgia.
Lawrence D. Devoe’s Reference System:
- Panasonic Viera TC-P65v10 Plasma (via HDMI) (from 13 foot viewing distance)
- Oppo BDP-95/BDP-93 (via HDMI)
- Esoteric UX-1 Pi Universal Disc Player (via HDMI)
- Sooloos Control 10/TwinStore Music Server
- Bryston BDA-1 (DAC)/BDP-1 (digital player)
- Logitech SqueezeBox Touch Music Server
- PS Audio PerfectWave DAC and Transport
- Esoteric P-03 transport/D-03 DAC/G-ORb clock
- Pass Labs XP-30 Preamplifier
- Casablanca IIIHD surround processor (HDMI)
- Pass Labs XA-100.5 Monobloc Amplifiers
- Pass Labs X-3 Multichannel Amplifier
- Running Springs Audio Dmitri and Maxim Power Distributors
- Nordost Odin and Valhalla Interconnects, Speaker Cable and Power Cords
- Martin-Logan CLX L/R
- Martin-Logan Stage Centre
- Martin-Logan EFX L/R Surround
- Martin-Logan Descent-i Power Subwoofer (2) Front
- Martin-Logan Descent Powered Subwoofer (2) Rear