Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios have unveiled three Toy Story 3 Blu-ray Combo Pack packages to be released November 2, 2010, giving consumers an unprecedented choice in how to enjoy this beloved animated franchise on home video.
The choices include a 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) at a suggested retail price of $45.99, a 2-Disc Blu-ray at $39.99 (US)/$47.99 (Canada) and also available on November 2 is an exciting Ultimate Toy Box 3-Movie Collection that contains all three Toy Story releases on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital copy. Priced at $100.00 (US)/$115 (Canada), the Ultimate Toy Box 3-Movie Collection release contains:
- Toy Story – 1 Disc DVD; 1 Disc Blu-ray; 1 Disc Digital Copy
- Toy Story 2 – 1 Disc DVD; 1 Disc Blu-ray; 1 Disc Digital Copy
- Toy Story 3 – 1 Disc DVD; 2 Disc Blu-ray; 1 Disc Digital Copy
There is also a 1-disc DVD release of Toy Story 3 ($29.99 (US)/$35.99 (Canada)) available November 2.
Technical specs for the Blu-ray release of Toy Story 3 include a DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 mix, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 EX, and a 1.78:1 1080p encoding.
TOY STORY 3 – Bonus Features:
- Day & Night – The innovative and entertaining short from the imagination of Pixar artist and Director Teddy Newton.
- Toys! – A closer look at all of Toy Story 3’s beloved toys from updating the classic characters to the creation of the Sunnyside Daycare and Bonnie’s Room toys.
- Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science of Adventure – Produced in conjunction with NASA, this hybrid animation documentary of Buzz’s visit to the International Space Station focuses on research in zero gravity and Buzz’s triumphant return to Earth.
- Paths to Pixar: Editorial – Pixar editors, past and future share anecdotes about their careers.
- The Gang’s All Here – A touching look at the returning voice talent for Toy Story 3 and an introduction to the voices of the new characters.
- A Toy’s Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land – A sneak peek at the new Toy Story-themed playland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Studio Stories – A series of amusing animated anecdotes about life at Pixar.
- “Where’s Gordon?” – An animator finds a hidden room at Pixar.
- “Cereal Bar” – The majestic and expansive Pixar cereal bar is explored.
- “Clean Start” – The Toy Story 3 animators shave their heads to mark the start of the film.
BLU-RAY COMBO PACK: Everything on the DVD plus…:
- Toy Story Trivia Dash – This cool game challenges you to sprint to the finish with Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex as you quickly answer questions about all three Toy Story movies.
- Cine-Explore – Commentary by Director Lee Unkrich and Producer Darla K. Anderson.
- Beyond the Toybox: An Alternative Commentary Track Featuring Leads from Story, Tech, Art and Animation – Commentary by Story Supervisor Jason Katz, Supervising Technical Director Guido Quaroni, Production Designer Bob Pauley and Supervising Animators Bobby Podesta and Michael Venturini.
- Beginnings: Setting A Story In Motion – Screenwriter Michael Arndt analyzes successful opening scenes from Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.
- Bonnie’s Playtime: A Story Roundtable – A roundtable discussion with Director Lee Unkrich and the story artists who brought the “Bonnie’s Playtime” scene to life.
- Roundin’ Up A Western Opening – The development of the movie’s exciting opening scene.
- Life Of A Shot – Toy Story 3 artists and technicians describe their contributions to a few of the shots in the film’s “Western Opening.”
- Goodbye Andy – An exploration of character design, acting and animation in the scene “Andy’s Goodbye.”
- Accidental Toymakers – By creating the Toy Story characters, the Pixar filmmakers found themselves in the unlikely role of toy designers. Meet the toy company that took a chance on manufacturing the now iconic toys and learn of their incredible success that began with a modest number of Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys 15 years ago.
- Making of Day & Night – The story behind the unique 2D/3D blended short.