Paramount has unveiled the cover art for the two-disc Criterion Blu-ray Special Edition of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:
Director David Fincher’s Academy Award®-winning film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button starring Brad Pitt and Kate Blanchett will be coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 5th, 2009 day and date with the DVD at an SRP of $35.99 in a special two-disc Criterion Edition.
The two-disc Blu-ray will boast over three hours of special features including interviews with stars Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett and behind-the-scenes footage of their mesmerizing on-screen transformations, an in-depth documentary revealing the unusual journey of the film itself including the secrets of its award-winning visual effects and an exploration of the groundbreaking computer wizardry that brought the magical world of Benjamin Button to life.
The special two-disc Criterion Edition Blu-ray release will feature:
1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital audio options and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. The two-disc Criterion Edition DVD and two-disc Criterion Blu-ray include the following special features:
- The Curious Birth of Benjamin Button—four-part documentary:
- Academy Award-nominated director David Fincher introduces the surprising beginnings of what would become an epic masterpiece including the casting of Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, the decision to change the location of the story to New Orleans and more.
- Follow the production from day one including the challenges of aging Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, designing over five thousand costumes and creating the animatronic baby.
- Explore the incredible visual effects techniques created specifically for the film that allowed Brad Pitt to play the title character at virtually every age. Also includes a visit to the scoring stage with composer Alexandre Desplat.
- Walk the red carpet at the film’s premiere in New Orleans, with final thoughts from cast and crew.
- Audio Commentary by director David Fincher