Disney‘s sci-fi adventure Mars Needs Moms is heading home this summer when the studio releases the film on 4-Disc Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D™ + Blu-ray 2D + DVD + Digital Copy) for the suggested retail price of $49.99 US/ $56.99 Canada; a 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 2D +DVD) for $39.99 US/ $46.99 Canada; a 1-Disc DVD for $29.99 US/ $35.99 Canada; a High Definition Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $39.99 U.S./45.99 Canada; a Standard Definition Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada; and/or On-Demand.
The feature-packed Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases will contain the following extras:
Everything on the Blu-ray & DVD plus….
- Mom-Napping (All-new 3D Exclusive) –There’s more than meets the eye during the Martian abduction of Milo’s Mom. This alternate scene — completely finished in 3D — tells all.
Everything on the DVD plus…
- Extended Opening – The movie begins… but wait, there’s more. See it here.
- Life On Mars: The Full Motion-Capture Experience – Go way behind the scenes to the ‘space’ where the actors’ performances are captured. This feature-length, picture-in-picture viewing mode also lets you listen to director Simon Wells and actors Seth Green and Dan Fogler give a fun and insightful look into creating the movie.
- Deleted Scenes with Simon Wells introductions (4 Blu-ray 2D Exclusive Deleted Scenes) – 7 deleted scenes of which four are exclusive to the Blu-ray 2D release. Some cool scenes ended up on the cutting room floor. Now you can see them with introductions by director Simon Wells.
- “Flower Power” Easter Egg – the name of the show that Ki watched and learned English from is entitled “Freaks on the Street.”
- “Fun With Seth” – The cast and crew had a galaxy of fun making Mars Needs Moms, thanks to the on-set antics of Seth Green and Dan Fogler. Watch them do the ROM dance see them compete to see who can do their verbal ROM the fastest, and much more.
- Martian 101 – Do you speak Martian? Go behind the scenes and see how the producer and cast came up with their own unique Martian language. Then learn how to speak it yourself with lessons from a leading Martian language expert.
Disney also has a special website for fans to promote the film located at https://www.disney.com/marsneedsmoms
and of course nothing is complete these days without a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MarsNeedsMomsMovie) and a Twitter page (https://twitter.com/disneypictures) you can also check out trailers and video clips for the film at the Youtube site Disney has setup for the film located here: https://www.youtube.com/disneymovies.
Take out the trash, eat your broccoli — who needs moms anyway? Nine-year-old Milo (Seth Green) finds out how much he needs his mom (Joan Cusack) when she’s nabbed by Martians who plan to steal her mom-ness for their own young. In a race against time and oxygen, his quest to save her knows no bounds. And with some unexpected help, Milo just might find his way back to her — in more ways than one.