FilmStruck To Launch Oct. 19
*We should preface this press release by saying that Criterion Collection films will still be available via HULU for the next month. FilmStruck will also be offering 2-week free trials of the streaming service, as well. Those details will be available through FilmStruck’s website directly and through their mailing list.
- FilmStruck Subscription – $6.99/month – offering hundreds of constantly refreshed, hard-to-find and critically acclaimed films, plus exclusive bonus content including hosted introductions, originally produced pieces, interviews and rare footage
- FilmStruck + The Criterion Channel Subscription – $10.99/month – offering everything in the FilmStruck subscription plus unlimited access to Criterion’s entire streaming library of films and special features, along with channel-exclusive original programming such as filmmaker profiles, master classes, and curated series by celebrated guests from the film world and beyond
- Annual Subscription – $99/year for FilmStruck + The Criterion Channel (a $30 annual savings)
Additionally, beginning on November 11, FilmStruck will become the exclusive streaming home to The Criterion Channel, offering the largest streaming collection of Criterion films available, including classic and contemporary films from around the world, interviews and conversations with filmmakers and never-before-seen programming. The channel’s weekly calendar will feature complete Criterion editions, thematic retrospectives, live events, short films, and select contemporary features, along with exclusive original programming that aims to enhance the Criterion experience for the brand’s dedicated fans as well as expanding its reach to new audiences.
- The Beauty of Italy– a collection of films that highlight the beauty of Italy, from the shores of the Mediterranean to the peaks of the Alps
- Cinema Passport– a monthly “franchise” showcasing the work of countries rich in film history and culture
- Contemporary Israeli Cinema– see the country through the eyes of its people in this collection of modern works
- Directed by Mike Leigh– highlighting the films that make this iconic director beloved by film festivals and critics and remind us that normal life is not always the norm
- Early Kubrick– the early films of renowned director Stanley Kubrick show how this cinematic visionary got his start and ultimately found his way into moviemaking
- Food for Thought – a collection of films that tickles the tongue by prominently featuring food
- Icon– a bi-monthly “franchise” featuring the work of a different iconic star with each installment, beginning with legendary actors Marcello Mastroianni and Ingrid Bergman
- The Masters– a monthly, director-focused “franchise” highlighting acclaimed directors including Akira Kurosawa, François Truffaut, Fritz Lang and Chantal Akerman
- Neo Noir– explores a collection of celebrated films that pay homage to the gritty and dark genre
- Panic Room– a monthly “franchise” that explores cult and indie horror film, hosted by actor-comedian Lucky Yates
- Political Documentaries– exploring filmmakers who documented democracy in action.
- World Discoveries– a monthly “franchise” hosted by film critic Alicia Malone spotlighting cinematic gems from burgeoning film industries around the world
- Mini Documentaries – FilmStruck will offer in-depth looks at different franchises or themes each month, beginning with The Masters and Icons franchises, as well as the Political Documentary and Music by Michel Legrand themes
- Point of View (POV) – celebrities and experts will offer their retrospectives on the various franchises and themes each month, including director Mike Leigh exploring his own work, and Edoardo Ponti discussing a collection of films highlighting the majestic Italian country side from the Beauty of Italy theme
- Suplemental Material – FilmStruck will offer audio commentaries, original film trailers and filmmaker interviews to provide additional context and insight into the featured films
- Bill Hader – the Emmy® award winning actor will provide hosted introductions and insights into director Akira Kurosawa and screenwriter Sam Fuller
- Alicia Malone – Film reporter, critic, TV host and writer Alicia Malone has been a correspondent for CNN, Access Hollywood, E!, Entertainment Tonight, The Insider, MTV and Fandango, among others: she will host the monthly World Discoveriesfranchise in additions to various themes on FilmStruck
- Lucky Yates – Actor and comedian Lucky Yates voices Dr. Algernop Krieger on FX’s Archer and will host the month Panic Room franchise in addition to various themes on FilmStruck